Integrate EA and finalise research
- Developed final seminar and rehearsed
- Integrated test EA into live problem and tested effectiveness
- Developed UI debug information and example builds at various terrain resolutions
The integration of the EA was reasonably smooth. The initial implementation runs for 150 generations with the following results:
Note that plan differences in the above instances are tied in to resolution differences as well as EA randomness.
The results were very good over all tested terrains. Of pleasing note, the 5km square terrain is sub 5 minutes on an i5-3570K 3.4 GHz CPU.
As can be seen from the above images, new visualisation has been integrated. Further the individual sub calculations (viewshed, pathfinding graph etc) are multithreaded and hooked in to debug text so a user can get an appreciation of how far through the planner is.
- The EA can be amended to use roulette wheel selection in lieu of ordered pairs. This may not result in significant gain (due to the limited chromosome) but is worth investigating.
- The stopping condition can be expanded to diminishing returns with a time based cutoff.
Final seminar preparation and rehearsal – 4 hours
EA integration – 3 hours
Debug hooks, multithreading, example builds – 3 hours
(128 hours running total)